- (#1) Sorry to be blunt, but it’s just not your job. It never was.
- (#2) You’re pretty crappy at fixing yourself.
If you were good at fixing yourself, you would’t want to fix other people.
In them (the “un-fixed”) you see yourself.
- (#3) You don’t have that kind of power. It’s inappropriate to think you do.
- (#4) People resent the condescension, so even if you try to be kind in the fixing it’s counterproductive.
- (#5) People are supposed to have some unfixable spots.
I write about “broken jars” here.
What are the alternatives?
- Walk with people
- Be a good influence
- listen more
- love more
- learn more
What are some reasons or alternatives for you?