• Recycling is when you take what appears to be garbage and you reform or reuse it again. But what’s this “up-cycle” stuff?
• Upcycling is when one converts waste materials or useless items into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.
The act and habit of worrying can be upcycled and in the next few posts I’ll unravel that.
Stuff you might not know about WORRY:
1. Out-of -balance hormones can spike worry. A dip in progesterone in women or a drop in testosterone in men, for instance.
(This means that you can’t always get a handle on worry just by “thinking your way out of it”. There’s biological component.)
2. Anxiety (often seen as worry and other related problems) can be a genetic predisposition that runs in families, like heart disease can.
3. Changing habits can lessen worry, much like eating a good diet can help slim you down even if you come from a family that’s…um..big boned.
The Hopeful News…
If you have a knack for worry (negative), then you may have a great capacity to meditate (positive). Prayer and mediation are almost synonyms, and overwhelming evidence shows that the use of prayer/meditation improves one’s level of anxiety, well-being, and health. Worry is a Soul issue. That means it’s more than mental or spiritual (the Soul is the whole of you and who you are). Soul Care address this. So, here we go!
Getting to a good place is NOT like throwing a switch, so I’ll start to tackle ways to move toward Upcycing worry more this week.