Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.
The olden hymn Bringing in the Sheaves they say was based on this verse. It seem like on Little House on Prairie if the scene was within the church walls, this is the song they’d be singing. But was it harvest time? Dunno.
The cooler weather has made me take the mental plunge into Autumn, and I have receipts to prove it…more on that in another post.
5 Things that are on my mind, now that it’s Autumn
1. Apples. Baked, fixed, and eaten in many assorted ways. Wednesday I made applesauce, and today we made candied apples. Apple Dumpling are next. Plus there’s pies, cobbler, etc.)
2. Sweaters (and sweatshirts) cozy stuff. I love ‘em. This is, until it’s even too cold for them, then I’m distracted and moody with chill, and I wear my bathrobe over my clothes all day, and doubled socks.
3. Pumpkins Love to carve them, light ‘em up, and eat the many culinary pumpkin delights of the season.
4. The Sound of Crisp Leaves. I love crunching through leaves, and that smell of fall that goes with it. mmm.
5. Football. Sunday afternoons: snacks, coffee, and the Steelers.
(There. I’m stopping at 5.)
Now! What 5 Things do you think of with the coming of Autumn?