How easy it is to forget that there is (exists) a Living God. Maybe this is so because we are surrounded by dead ones. Since the things we need and “serve” are not consistently life-giving, I think we lump everything to together and get along with that sort of paradigm. A “less-than Living” take on life.
Here are 8 attributes to this Living God:
2. A Living God makes a worshiper like him/her (God transcends gender).
It should be noted that dead gods, in their way, do the same thing. Nevertheless, a Living God refines and purifies, and dead gods foster forms of decay/destruction, and of course selfishness–which cannot lead to life. (Examples: the (dead) god of career, of drugs, of overeating, of anger, of popularity, and so on.)
3. A Living God has a personality (is a being), and relates to others (has the true quality for connecting in relationship) as a primary undertaking and desire.
4. A Living God is interactive in human history, and perpetually involved in common life with regards to people, events, and circumstances.
5. A Living God is wise and forbearing.
6. A Living God is everywhere, unconquered, and vigorous (spirited).
7. A Living God may display displeasure or delight.
In light of this, what is your response to God?
I’m asking for you to take a minute, and comment on your response, one (or more) of these 8 mentioned traits, or bring up something I didn’t mentioned.
Thank you very much.