So, Feasting Day is over. We’ve been thinking about thankfulness. We’ve been enjoying goodies, and visiting, and football (if the cable isn’t out, that is. grr).
But here, like the turkey, are some leftover thanksgiving jokes and ideas to brighten your
Black Friday post Thanksgiving Holiday. (I call it BED Friday, because I’ll skip shopping for a nap ANY DAY, and especially today!)
DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING BRIGHT IDEAS!
1. If the stuffing didn’t go over well, lace it with Prozac, reheat, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve warm.
2. Dry turkey this year? No problem. Toast it in the oven, and use it for packing material when you send out your Christmas packages.
3. I’ve heard that leftover turkey sandwiches go down much better with 2 glasses of hard apple cider. Who knew?
4. If you don’t think YAMS are yummy, add more brown sugar. Still no good? Add mini marshmallows. It’s perfectly legit. What’s not to like?
5. Roll unwanted mashed potatoes into baseball shapes, freeze, and throw them at people in those long
Black Friday holiday shopping lines. It spices things up. (Personally, I wouldn’t know. I’m in bed on Black Friday more than I shop, but good luck!)
6. If the cable goes out for 3 days, try not to panic. [I've said this to myself about 83 times in the last two days.] Just think of it as a way to use up the extra Benadryl in your mom’s house. Broken cable brings on childhood congestion, right?
7. In a pinch, cranberry sauce makes great fake blood. Put 1-2 cups in the bathtub, add warm water, get in, and just start screaming your head off until someone finds you. (It’s sort of an April Fools meets Halloween meets Turkey Feast Day type of gag, to kick off the winter holiday prank season.) Let me know how it works out for you, k?
Can you think of any holiday ideas?